360° IT technician
Microtec is the world’s largest supplier of advanced image processing system for woodworking applications. We are an international group of companies with offices in Finland, Sweden, Italy and the United States. International connections, teams and cooperation is a natural part of every day’s work.
Microtec Linköping AB (formerly Woodeye AB) develops and builds scanners for wood remanufacturing. These scanners analyze lumber that runs through them and control equipment downstream the production line that e.g. cut wood boards into lamellas for floors, wood panels and furniture or sorts according to programmed quality rules.
We are now looking for an IT technician to support our office in Linköping.
Microtec has an IT department on group level in Italy. The IT department develops and maintains all IT-related functions and systems like business systems and related systems (ERP, CRM, PDM,..), client-server solutions, IT-Servicedesk, configuration of industrial computers, computer networks and IT security.
You will be a part of the Italian IT-team, but work out of our local office in Sweden. As a member of the global team, you participate in development of IT-related functions for the whole group and are responsible for implementation in our local office in Linköping. Therefore, the work covers a broad spectrum of tasks, covering for example the following:
• Have a continuous contact with the global IT-team and take an active part in the improvement and development of current and future IT-systems and solutions.
• Be the local responsible person for all IT related topics.
• Understand and work with our current business systems as well as support when we introduce new ones in Linköping. The work includes configurations and interfaces between different software solutions as well as internal support to the users.
• Configure, test and fault-find our industrial computers in the scanners.
• Support our IT-Servicedesk (internal) with IT related issues.
• Support our helpdesk (external) with IT-related issues as second level.
• Be responsible of IT security on a local level.
• Support our local R&D-department with IT-related issues.
As an IT Service Desk technician, you will be part of an innovative company that offers the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks. In your role, you will work in a dynamic team of experts and participate in various projects and activities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who is dedicated to IT-related tasks on a broad (360°) meaning. You may be experienced in a variety of IT-related fields already with ambition to grow more or have a deeper IT-education with a great ambition to develop as a full-bodied IT-technician within Microtec group.
We believe that you
• have a technical background in the field of IT or good IT knowledge
• have knowledge of networks, Windows operating systems (client/server), Microsoft server products, Microsoft 365, PC hardware.
• have a understanding for general business processes.
• are able to communicate freely in English, both verbally and in writing.
• have an autonomous way of working, proactive attitude, and willingness to learn
• are willing to travel occasionally
Driving license B is an advantage
What we can offer
Our workplace is friendly and level-headed, and you will have an above-average amount of flexibility and trust while working towards your goals. We encourage diligence and creative ideas.
You will work in an international group with a substantial amount of expertise in technology and IT.
Your job as a Microtec IT technician will require support and training. We are willing to assist you with this continuously through local training, courses and co-work with the Italian IT team on site in Italy as required.
The primary workplace is in our office in Linköping, but the work may involve travel primarily to our office in Italy.
If you think this is what you might be looking for, contact our CTO, Pär Kierkegaard (email@example.com, +46 705-492013). Applications can be written in English or in Swedish.
We look forward to your application!